Monday 3 August 2015

“I love you”

This phrase I have heard thousands of times.
Heard as the sound of my own voice, declaring my emotions;
Heard it from so many different people
In so many different occasions
For thousands of different reasons
At times these are directed to me, other times to people I know
Or as a re-enactment on TV or the Radio

The simplicity of saying the words, 3 seconds or less it must be.
Unless of course dragged and hesitantly said, otherwise it is 3 seconds on average..
Yet the courage and depth of putting actual meaning to them,
Is what produces the effect it has on people..
Different meanings for different individuals.

They create some sense of expectancy from another.
I personally think these 3 words are both scary and pleasing..
Scary especially when said as some form of a Key to a particular relationship.
Going from fancy to like, from like to strong like J, and then Love.
Seems that Love tops them all, it is the greatest feeling beyond all positive feelings..
When truly meant, it is an all rounder of Joy, Care, Happiness, Faith, Hope...; well you catch the drift
All those amazing lovely emotions

But why is Love made to feel so heavy, to be so deep??
Don’t get me wrong though, I love Love
But I feel that it carries so much meaning that it automatically reflects as being both literally and intellectually heavy.
It’ll toss and turn you up from your sleep
It’ll knot the insides of your tummy
It’ll weaken your knees and give you palpitations at the sight of a certain person
It’ll exaggerate your care
Make you question your sanity because a certain person is all you can think about, worry about and feel that they are all you need
Its scary man, or maybe we're just fooled.. lol

Or is it us the “Lovers/the ones who love” that deepens it so much unnecessarily?
I completely melt when I hear the words “I love you” directed at me..
Makes me feel insanely special, makes me feel like I’m on a pedestal of roses and stars #hides
Especially when I feel its meaning hit my heart.
Be it from my folks, my sisters, friends or that one special person that I had probably been anticipating it from J.
And I don’t just say the words; I mean them all the time when I say them..
But I fear saying them a lot, because most people in most cases feel like it puts them on a spot,
A spot of remaining pure as they feel that’s all I love... But no!
I don’t want that, I fully understand our abilities as humans hence I do not put any expectations on anyone or anything I declare my love to.

Should I tell you I love you, simply know this:
I love with all my might, unconditionally so, completely knowing and accepting the freedom of making mistakes, hence I take our daily wake to right those mistakes. My love is simple!
I love you with your past, because it is that which I’m grateful to, for making you who you are this day – Lovable. 
I love enough to forgive in advance and believe you care enough to acknowledge and apologize. Simple!
When I love, I love the heart that I have come to learn and know.
All I know for now, I love enough to take it with all that it may come with, in the future.
The future that I may only be hopeful for, because for all I know, we may only have today.
Hence it is today I want you to know that I truly care for your lovely heart..
So much so that I willingly give you mine to do as you may with it, simple!
I can only hope and have enough faith that you will care for it just as I care for yours,
Can only hope for the prolonged respect and loyalty.
But do not on any given day/moment get this twisted, this hope I speak of is NOT an expectation at all!!!
Love is still scary though, I am however, with every second I spend talking to or being with you, working on shedding this fear... I mean one can only be afraid for so long.

...to be continued...

Alright with all of this said ‘for now’, I must declare my love for writing...
The therapy is gives me is unbelievable

I missed this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment